During the period of Virtual Learning, below you will find some useful and helpful information and links to help assist you and your student.
- Announcement from Mr. Boulden, Principal of Westview Elementary – click here
- Navigating virtual instruction – click here.
- More information about Internet access options – click here.
- Broken Chrombook or need assistance in troubleshooting – click here
- Parent directions to login for Schoology – click here
- Westview Staff Contact list – click here
- Community Resources in response to COVID-19 – click here
Weekly Announcement Videos will be posted to our newly formed Schoology page. Click the above image for the current Monday message (which will include the current week’s announcements) or the Fun Friday Recap message (fun video of the week’s activities). All will be available on Schoology, but here is the quick click to link.
New Schoology Page for Westview Students, Parents and Staff – The Westview Staff, Student & Family group is a place to share how you are participating in spirit days or to show your Wildcat pride. We will be posting different themed days or challenges for all Westview Wildcats to participate in. This is optional but a fun way to stay connected with our school community. To join this group, you will need the following access code GQB4-3NMH-Q7X9K.
Need to get some fresh air? Our fabulous Westview Playground Team will be posting some fun activity ideas to keep your student active during our virtual learning time on our Schoology Page. They will post ideas weekly. There will also be a “RECESS AND PLAYGROUND” resource folder and Media Album. Students will be encouraged to post their photos of them completing the activity in the album. Click the above recess image to take you directly to the Recess and Playground Resource Folder and Schoology Page.
What are student expectations?
- Students should understand their responsibility to be a learner and engage in their learning
- Participate in all class activities
- Complete assignments by specified deadlines
- Communicate with teachers (power outage, difficulties)
- Understand where to find help
- Connect with your teacher daily. That could be through Schoology assignments, email or video conferencing
The last day of virtual learning has been updated to Friday, May 22nd.
To support our students our District Nutrition Services Department has released information about its plan to provide meals throughout closure to families who rely on the district for meals. Any student 18 and under can receive a breakfast and a lunch Monday through Friday. Buses will deliver meals to:
- Ashbrooke Apartments, Sage Crossing Apartments, Knollbrook Road, NE Ridgeview Drive & NE Swann Rd, and Crossroads of Lee’s Summit Apartments on Town Centre, 11-11:30 a.m.
- Westvale Crossroads, Oxford Place, 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- “Drive through” sites will be located at the Lee’s Summit North, Trailridge and Prairie View parking lots from 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Parents can drive up and request the number of meals they need.